Limited companies filing deadlines.
Limited companies have filing deadlines for accounts and tax returns.
Penalties (for private limited companies) for late filing with HMRC are summarised below:
- First accounts with Companies House 21 months after date incorporated
- Annual accounts with Companies House 9 months after year end date
- File company tax return with HMRC 12 months after end of accounting
- Pay Corporation Tax or 9 months and 1 day after Corporation
- Tell HMRC that no corp tax is payable Tax accounting period ends
The penalties (for private limited companies) for late filing of limited company accounts with Companies House are summarised as follows:
TIME AFTER DEADLINE PENALTY
- Up to 1 month £150
- 1 to 3 months £375
- 3 to 6 months £750
- More than six months £1,500
The penalty is doubled if annual accounts are late two years in a row.
Limited companies are required to file a confirmation statement (previously an annual return) with Companies House once a year. The company should receive an email alert or a reminder letter when the confirmation statement is due. The due date is usually a year after either:
- the date the company was incorporated
- the date the company filed its previous annual return of confirmation statement.
The company can file the confirmation statement up to 14 days after the due date, with no penalty.
It can be very difficult for a small business owner to understand several deadlines, Price & Accountants can help you to understand of these deadlines. Feel free to book an appointment with us today by completing contact us form or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3735 5119